Repository navigation
Update CI workflows to latest 0.0.17 tag - #1989
finagolfin wants to merge 4 commits into
Conversation
|
OK, this works, with these Android and Windows builds already broken before and the static linux SDK build never enabled before. Just let me know if I should remove that one and we can get this in, with the Android issue to be fixed upstream in the workflow. |
|
Ready to go: all three failures were already broken before this pull, with the two Android issues to be fixed in other repos and the Windows error likely to be fixed in the next trunk snapshot, as it is currently lagging behind at Sep. 21. |
|
Need to wait for swiftlang/swift-docker#609 in order to get Android passing (yes?) |
Yes, but since that and the Ubuntu 26.04 update issue linked above already broke Android testing, and this pull can't fix it, I don't think that should hold back getting this pull in. |
Remove local config changes that aren't needed and push Android emulator testing down to API 26.
I know I'm being pedantic, but how do we verify this PR is correct if the jobs it modifies are failing? Hence why we probably need to wait. |
|
And now Embedded Swift/Wasm is failing due to a linker failure on |
Simple, all four failures- at least I assume wasm does also, as that trunk snapshot SDK was just tagged- are failing in the exact same way for the reasons given above for all pulls already, so we know this workflow update does not cause those problems. Since this pull didn't break those, I say we get this in for the other platforms where it likely simply improves matters under the hood, and we can fix those few failures in subsequent pulls, like the Docker pull you linked. |
|
#1993 works around the Embedded Swift regression. |
I get it, and I'm not saying this PR caused the breakage, but how do we verify that this PR works if the existing failures interfere with the CI jobs that this PR modifies? Is there any reason to move quickly here? Can you quantify the harm in waiting for swift-docker#609 to land? |
| freebsd_os_versions: '["14.3"]' | ||
| enable_linux_checks: false | ||
| enable_windows_checks: false | ||
| enable_macos_checks: false |
There was a problem hiding this comment.
As with the Linux change, can we leave these alone? We're explicitly stating that the FreeBSD build does not trigger these platforms.
There was a problem hiding this comment.
Up to you but these are all disabled by default, unlike linux and Windows.
There was a problem hiding this comment.
They are now, but if we ever change that, the FreeBSD build will start building those platforms.
There was a problem hiding this comment.
Very unlikely, but I can put them back if you're concerned about that.
Well, we know this update didn't break any of the other platforms, while we pretty much know the reasons these few failures happen, which don't happen on other repos for eg the trunk Android SDK. Do you plan on stopping merging all Testing pulls till these CI issues are fixed?
None, other than this workflow update didn't break anything.
No harm, I just don't see these few CI failures that we understand well as a reason to wait on those Docker pulls and so on to fix them, which may take awhile. |
No, but in general those PRs aren't specific to one platform while that one platform is failing in CI. We are holding up Windows-specific PRs from @compnerd right now because Windows CI is failing.
I'm not saying it did, but we don't have any passing Android builds so how can we confirm?
We can escalate the docker PR because it's blocking Swift Testing's CI. |
|
Duh new toolchain. |
I simply meant that Android CI were already broken before this pull, so this pull didn't break them. 😉 If you mean that we can't be sure this pull won't break Android in some other additional way, that's unlikely because this workflow tag I'm pulling in is working well for other repos. |
|
Downloaded the first passing trunk Android SDK bundle on the CI since the zlib pull was merged and checked its AArch64 libraries to make sure those zlib symbols are no longer there: they're gone. So as those Android bundles start getting tagged, these tests will start passing on the Android emulator again, now that all of them have finally been enabled by @niktishakov's workflow fix. 👍 |
Remove local config changes that aren't needed and push Android emulator testing down to API 26.